Skip to main content

UFC Jacksonville Full Card Picks and Betting Tips

 After the week off, we had a decent week last week all things considered. We were on both sides of the luck spectrum, so I guess it all evened out. I randomly got really sick yesterday afternoon, but woke up Friday morning feeling at least marginally better. We have a long card in front of us, so I don't want to waste any time, especially while I'm feeling relatively ok. I am glad that card is a long one though and it should actually be a pretty cool one. There's a lot of fights that I am looking forward to, so let's go. Just to be clear, my picks will be in the bolded font, and the real results will be listed next to it in italics after the fight is official. Official bets will be at the bottom. Bets are now being officially tracked at BetMMA as well.

Sedriques Dumas defeats Cody Brundage            Result:

        This is a strange fight, but I'm kind of here for it. It's not secret that I'm not a huge fan of Brundage's game, but that's not to say that he's the worst fighter of all time or anything. His wrestling is decent as is his overall grappling, it's just everything else that lags behind. His striking is pretty rudimentary and he's low output on top of it. I suppose he has some power, but I wouldn't say it's anything that really stands out. The biggest problems are his gas tank and his durability. After the first round, his cardio typically fails him and he finds himself being finished not too long after. He's also not the most durable guy as we've seen him hurt and finished his fair share of times. He also has a tendency to make some really questionable decisions and I don't know if that is just a product of his poor cardio or if he just has a tendency to panic when he gets put in an unexpected position. Sedriques Dumas has his holes as well. I don't really trust him to stop takedowns, especially early while Brundage has the energy. I wouldn't say Dumas has a good ground game, especially from bottom, but he's not horrible either. For better or for worse, he's going to be aggressive on the ground. On the feet, Dumas isn't amazing, but I do think he is better in this fight. He is more technical, he has more power, and he's a lot longer. He also has the better cardio in this one. I just think this matchup puts Brundage in a really weird spot. He will have a noticeable wrestling edge early. He just doesn't have the gas to maintain that. That almost forces him to get an early takedown and finish in the first round. If he doesn't finish early, he was going to gas out anyways. If he fights passively and tries to conserve energy, he probably gets beaten up and finished at range. Even if Dumas does go down early, I think he's competent enough on the ground to not get finished and aggressive enough to either force Brundage to make a mistake or at worst, make him work hard enough that he has nothing left for rounds two and three. I guess I kind of like Dumas in this one. 

        Bets to consider: Dumas ML +150

                I do get Brundage being a favorite. I wouldn't even argue against someone who says Brundage is the better fighter in the aggregate. Just the matchup dynamics of this one make me think Dumas has a very real chance here. Even if you are more firmly on the Brundage side, I don't think anyone can advocate for playing a guy with a round of cardio at -180. Dumas has to be the side. 

Tatsuro Taira defeats Kleydson Rodrigues            Result:

        I kind of have some contradictory opinions on this fight and have gone back and forth. On one hand, I think Rodrigues is a lot more live than a lot of people are giving him credit for. I'm just not sure how often Rodrigues is actually able to win. The path for Taira is his grappling. I feel moderately comfortable saying Taira is the better all around grappler. If he gets on top, he can probably have some success and he has a really nice submission game. I do also kind of think the Rodrigues could get some takedowns of his own if he really wanted to. On the feet, I think Rodrigues is clearly better. He has really good power and he has much better output. Taira does have some technical ability standing, but his output is so low. I think the size advantage for Taira will play a factor in this one as well. I favor Taira and am picking him here, but I'm not sure how large the margins are.

        Bets to consider: Rodrigues ML +220

                The side to consider has to be Rodrigues, it's just a matter of what the number has to be before you jump in. What is giving me trouble is that if Taira's grappling edge is as wide as I think it could be, he could look -500 here. I do think Rodrigues has some grappling ability though and if he's able to keep things standing or out last Taira on the mat, he can certainly get a knockout here. I'm leaning towards just passing since I can't come to a solidified opinion, but part of me thinks this line is probably wide. I'm still kind of stuck.

Jamall Emmers defeats Jack Jenkins            Result:

        We have a much more straight forward fight in this one. I just kind of think Emmers is a better fighter in almost every aspect. That's not to say Jenkins is bad because he certainly isn't, I just think this is a tough matchup for him. I am pretty positive that Emmers is the better striker. He's much cleaner, he's probably faster, he's significantly longer, and he's much more technical. Jenkins has power, but he has a tendency to get wild and I have a feeling he could find himself getting countered pretty badly. Jenkins does like to go to his low kicks and Emmers has had issues with that in the past. While that is a concern and maybe even a big one, I think the length does limit how much of an impact the calf kicks will have. The grappling is a bit tougher to read, but I do think Emmers can stuff the takedowns from Jenkins. It wouldn't surprise me if Emmers ended up getting some takedowns of his own either. I think Emmers probably ends up looking pretty solid here.

        Bets to consider: U2.5 rounds +150

                Emmers at around -200 is probably about right. I don't have a ton of interest in him right now, but if his number dropped down closer to -180, I would probably jump in at that point. I think the under is a lot more interesting. I think a lot of the finishing upside is on the Emmers side. Jenkins doesn't have great defense in general and if he starts getting over aggressive, he could get countered badly. Emmers doesn't have a long history of finishes at this level, but his power is at least average, if not better. I wouldn't rule out Emmers finishing on the ground either. I think Jenkins has a shot to finish. He's aggressive with power, he at least has a shot. He could compromise Emmers with low kicks as well. It's not a super spicy take, but I think taking a small play on the under could be interesting.

Trevor Peek defeats Chepe Mariscal            Result:

        This is a weird one, but again, I'm kind of here for it. I really don't think all that highly of Peek's MMA skills, but Chepe is very likely to give him the exact fight that he wants. Peek is just a big, strong guy who is going to go out there, bite down on the mouth piece, and chuck leather. His best trait is his power and he has a lot of it. It's just that his technical skills are virtually nonexistent, both in the striking and grappling. Mariscal is the more skilled fighter, essentially by default. The problem is that he is just far too willing to engage in a brawl. If he does that with Peek, I don't think it goes very well. Chepe is coming up a weight class on short notice and he already has durability questions. If he came out willing to grapple hard for 15 minutes, he probably wipes Peek out fairly easily, but he just doesn't really have a history of doing that kind of thing. Chepe has also fought a much stronger schedule of opponents. I just kind of think he does what he usually does and engages in the pocket and if he does that, he likely gets himself knocked out. 

        Bets to consider: Peek ML -112

                I want to fade Peek as much as the next guy, but I really don't think this is the spot. Maybe if Chepe at least had a full training camp I would be more tempted. I can't even assume he has the cardio to wrestle hard if he wanted to. Chepe is a guy who has been knocked out his fair share at 145. To see him jump in against Peek on short notice knowing he is likely to trade in the pocket with him seems like a good way to get smoked. I feel like Peek probably hurts him fairly early. Getting Peek at basically pick 'em with a featherweight who has durability concerns who likes to brawl on short notice seems ok. It's really the cardio that is holding me back. I assume Peek can't really go past a round. I don't think I'm going to play Peek, but I'm sort of thinking about it.

Zhalgas Zhumagulov defeats Joshua Van            Result:

        If you're a returning reader, you'll know that I'm not a huge Zhalgas fan. I just kind of think I have to give him the benefit of the doubt this time around. Van is extremely young, extremely inexperienced, and has fought very little in terms of legitimate competition. Now, he has looked good in the fights he's had, but it's hard to say exactly where his skills are at against even a lower level UFC fighter like Zhalgas. Just due to the style Zhalgas brings, Van can probably make this look competitive for the most part. On the feet, I may even prefer Van. He's probably faster and has a little more power. He's probably just more athletic in general. I do think Zhalgas has a grappling edge though and he likely has a cardio edge as well. Zhalgas seems like he always fights to a split decision, so I'm not super confident, but I have to think he can get this one done.

        Bets to consider: O2.5 rounds -182, either side by decision (Zhalgas +100, Van +550)

                I'm not a huge fan of playing juice on props, but I really don't see this fight getting finished very often at all. Zhalgas doesn't get finished in general and he doesn't really have the skill set to find finishes of his own. -182 is a big number for me on an over, but it probably isn't that bad of a move. Betting either side, especially the Van side by decision at +550 is at least somewhat tempting. The regular money lines are kind of meh. Zhalgas isn't the level or style of fighter who covers -200 against really anyone of consequence, but I can't say I'm really chomping at the bit to play Van at only +168 either. If he had a stronger strength of competition to see his skills against or if I felt more confident in where his cardio is at, then I may want to take a shot, but as things currently stand, it's probably the over or pass.

Gillian Robertson defeats Tabatha Ricci            Result:

        This is a fight where I've found it difficult to have a really strong opinion. If we get a 15 minute kick boxing match, your guess is as good as mine. I guess I prefer Ricci standing, but it's not by much. Her volume is probably a bit better, so I guess that's enough of a reason. Both of these women want to grapple though and it's tough to find an advantage. I think Ricci may be a slightly better wrestler, but I think Robertson is better once it hits the mat. The other factor is that Robertson is going to be much bigger and probably stronger. In a fight that seems so close, I think the reason that I side with Robertson is that she's much more likely to finish. If it turns out Ricci's wrestling is more of an advantage than I think, she could top time Robertson, but that's really all she's going to do. She doesn't really let strikes go from the top or fish for submissions much. Robertson, on the other hand, is much the opposite. When she gets on top, she is going to let it go with ground and pound or submission attempts. I could see a scenario where Ricci is getting 2 minutes of control every round, but Robertson steals rounds with an arm bar attempt that gets close or she sweeps and lands some strikes with only 45 seconds of control. The danger component of Robertson's game is significantly higher and that is the biggest difference that I'm seeing here. For that reason, I lean Robertson.

        Bets to consider: Robertson ML +112

                I just kind of think this line should be flipped. The best case scenario for Ricci is that she's able to get 10+ minutes of top time and while I suppose it's possible, it doesn't really feel likely. I don't think there's any other scenario where Ricci looks like a clear favorite. On the feet, it's a coin flip. On the ground, I think Robertson can sweep and end up on top. I think Robertson is bigger and stronger to potentially get her own takedowns. If she's on top, she's going to be a lot more aggressive. The ability to threaten and finish this fight favors Robertson. I just think if anyone is going to be around -135, it needs to be Robertson.

Mateusz Rabecki defeats Loik Radzhabov            Result:

        I'm really unsure what I am supposed to think of this fight. If this fight stays standing, I guess I lean Loik, at least early on. Loik is the more technical striker and Rabecki can get sloppy. When Rabecki starts throwing his wild and looping shots, I think Loik can counter him pretty badly. Loik also has good power, so a knockout wouldn't surprise me. The downside is that Loik is low output. Rabecki is at a technical disadvantage, but he is going to throw a lot more strikes and he has some really power of his own. Loik doesn't have great defense, so him getting touched up and knocked out isn't surprising either. In the grappling, I prefer Rabecki. I wouldn't be surprised to see Loik get his own takedowns, but he's not great at controlling his opponent. If Rabecki gets on top, I think he has a much better chance to get some top time and do damage. The major thing in his fight is the cardio. Rabecki doesn't have the deepest gas tank in the world, but even when he gets tired, he pushes through the fatigue pretty well. Loik doesn't have good cardio either, but when he gets to the midway point of the fight he really fades pretty badly. If Loik doesn't finish early, I kind of think Rabecki looks good in the second half of the fight. He could very well knock him out though. I don't know. I guess I like Rabecki.

        Bets to consider: U2.5 rounds +150

                I feel pretty good about betting the under at bigg-ish plus money here. On the feet, both guys could finish. They both have big power and throw huge shots. Rabecki gets wild and leaves himself open while Loik gets cracked in almost every fight he's in. Once Loik starts to slow down, I think Rabecki could just take over. If he gasses, Rabecki could take him down and potentially melt him. +150 just doesn't really seem correct to me.

Randy Brown defeats Wellington Turman            Result:

        This is another weird one. Randy Brown is probably a better fighter than his career history suggests, but his inconsistencies really hold him back. Brown is a pretty solid striker and he has a length advantage a vast majority of the time. His BJJ game isn't that bad either and he's flashed some ability to find submissions. He's not much of a wrestler though and that holds him back in certain matchups. Despite being a tall, long guy, he doesn't always do a good job of keeping fights at his range either. Turman isn't generally a guy who's style I look to back, but this matchup is decent for him. Brown has had a problem with low kicks in the past and Turman will throw his hard. He throws power on the feet, but he isn't the better striker here. I think the grappling could end up going in Turman's favor though. He's coming down a weight class, so I think his strength will play a bit better. Brown doesn't always stuff takedowns super well and if Turman can get on top, he could do really good work there. Coming down in weight does make me concerned for Turman's durability though. I have a feeling that Brown is probably ok and ends up knocking Turman out, but Randy Brown is a hard guy to trust.

        Bets to consider: Turman ML +190

                Betting Randy Brown at juice is a really good way to lose money. I don't necessarily want to play Turman, but at +190, you have to at least consider it. His path to victory is very clear and I think that is enough when you're getting a number like this. Because Brown doesn't manage distance super consistently or well, I think we probably get a lot of clinch work along the cage. I just think Turman can cover this price pretty consistently and wouldn't rule out him actually ending up looking pretty good or even finishing.

Neil Magny defeats Phil Rowe            Result:

        I kind of think this fight comes down to how much Neil Magny has left in the tank. A prime version of Magny probably wins this fight without too much issue, but clearly this isn't prime Neil anymore. With that said, I think he is still mostly intact. He's always relied on his cardio, pace, and pressure more so than any crazy high level skill. His striking is a bit unorthodox, but he throws volume and he usually doesn't take a ton of damage. He's a pretty solid grappler as well. I like Phil Rowe all things considered, but he is a flawed fighter. His grappling is a huge weakness in all aspects. He doesn't stop takedowns well and I kind of think that is his undoing here. This isn't the Neil Magny of even a few years ago, but Rowe has been our grappled by fighters worse than this version of Neil. On the feet, Rowe is live. He's a solid boxer with fast hands and he has some real pop. His volume is decent, at least while he has the energy, but he takes a fair amount of damage as well. I don't think his cardio is poor, but he has slowed down late before and any dip in output is going to be tough against Neil. I think Magny's grappling gets it done, but Rowe could hurt him early and I wouldn't be that surprised. 

        Bets to consider: O2.5 rounds -172

                This isn't a great fight for betting. It's just hard to know for sure that Magny is still fully there. If we get a vintage Neil Magny fight, he probably looks way better than his -174 price right now. It's just hard to say that his durability is still there. Rowe also matches the length of Magny better than anyone he's fought, maybe ever, but at least in a very long time. Rowe has power and he could hurt Neil, but if he doesn't early, Neil probably looks pretty good. I think the over is an ok spot, even though it's juiced. Magny isn't a finisher even at his best. Neil hasn't really shown durability issues yet either, so this should go over I would think.

Brendan Allen defeats Bruno Silva            Result:

        I have a weird relationship with Brendan Allen. Skill for skill, I think he's a pretty good fighter. He's a solid striker, he has a moderate level of power, and he's somewhat technical. He gets into trouble standing because of his defense. He's been knocked out before, but I think it has more to do with the fact that he just gets hit flush so often more so than a problem with his chin. Allen is a decent enough grappler as well and we saw last time out that he is improved there. I don't think he's an amazing wrestler necessarily, but his overall ground game is pretty good. Silva isn't necessarily a bad fighter, he's just a limited one. His striking is ok, but he really relies on his power to finish fights. His output is ok while he has energy, but I don't think his cardio is amazing either. The big problem for him is that his grappling just isn't there. By percentage, his takedown defense seems good, but I don't really think that it is. If Allen gets on top of him, I really think he should be able to do whatever he wants. He probably submits Silva if he really wants to. Allen really has all of the skills he needs and then some to win this fight, he just has to use them, which hasn't always been a strength for him. He doesn't always wrestle as much as he should, which does scare me a little, but he really should win this one.

        Bets to consider: U1.5 rounds +120

                I'm torn on how to bet this fight. Allen is a tick under -200 and that really should be right. However, Allen has a long enough history of losing fights he shouldn't that I'm not really looking to play him at that kind of number. At the same time, I can't be all that interested in Silva either. If he doesn't get a knockout, his chances are pretty slim. Allen is pretty much better at everything and he really should cover his price, but I just don't think I can do it. The under is unfortunately at 1.5 rounds, but at plus money, it's not horrible. If Allen gets an early takedown, he really should finish early. I'm not going to do it, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

Gabriel Santos defeats David Onama            Result:

        This should be a pretty fun fight. The most likely scenario is that we get these guys trading heavy shots until someone goes down. In that style of fight, I might even prefer Onama, but everything else does sort of point in the Santos direction. The grappling is a bit weird. Santos isn't a great wrestler, but if he's on top, his ground game is decent. Onama's takedown defense also isn't great, but if he does go down, he usually does a pretty solid job of getting up. I'm not really putting a ton of stock into Onama even shooting any takedowns of his own. I do think Santos is a bit more technical in the striking, but I'm not really anticipating that we see a technical style standing. Both guys are kind of willing to engage in a fire fight and I think Onama may be more equipped to handle that style of fight. I trust his durability more and he has more power. Onama gassed badly last time out, but I think that has more to do with him emptying the tank to try and finish the fight rather than having poor cardio. I think Santos is more well rounded and I do lean his way, but if they are going to plant their feet and have a swinging contest, this one could go either way.

        Bets to consider: Onama ML +188

                While I do think Santos is the more well rounded fighter who probably has more ways to win. What this kind of comes down to for me is that the way this fight projects to play out just doesn't lend itself to someone being a huge favorite. If Santos is going to trade with Onama, that's just not a -230 fight for anyone. Santos could go to the grappling, but even if he does, I don't think he can just wipe Onama out. I think Santos being a small favorite is fine, but -230 is really out there. As long as he's in the realm of +190, playing Onama is the way to go.

Justin Tafa defeats Austen Lane            Result:

        I mean, what are we doing here? This fight is pretty low level. The good things that I've said about Justin Tafa in these posts since I started are pretty limited, but he is a much, much better striker in this fight. Tafa is low output, but he is somewhat technical and he's very explosive for heavyweight. He has big power and throws both his kicks and punches with serious speed. We haven't seen him get grappled a ton, but from what we can see, his grappling isn't very good. I don't suspect it's too much of an issue though. I really don't think Austen Lane is a UFC level fighter. His MMA skills just aren't at the level you need them to be. He's big, but that's really about it. The power does come with the size to a degree, but it's nothing special and I really don't think he has much of a chance of having success standing with Tafa. Lane does at least attempt takedowns from what we can see, but his wrestling doesn't look good. If he got on top of Tafa, he could likely lay on top of him, but that's really the only route I see for him in this one. Tafa probably knocks him out and it probably happens early. 

        Bets to consider: Tafa ML -176

                Believe me when I tell you that laying -176 or anywhere close to that on Justin Tafa will cause an upset stomach. However, Lane just really isn't it. The only thing that is holding me back is that it wouldn't completely surprise me if Tafa just kind of fell over from anything resembling a takedown attempt. Lane is big enough that I kind of doubt Tafa gets up from under him if he goes down. The under 1.5 is completely smoked so I have no interest there. We'll look back in hindsight and probably think Tafa covers his price tag, but I can't do it.

Amanda Ribas defeats Maycee Barber            Result:

        I tend to think this is a solid spot for Ribas. Skill for skill, I think she's simply the better fighter. I think she's a more technical striker and she's going to put out better volume. I think the gap in the grappling is very significant in favor of Ribas. Ribas isn't the best wrestler ever, but we've seen Barber have problems stopping takedowns in the past. If Ribas gets on top of her, it's likely to be one way traffic. Ribas is going to slice through her guard, advance to a dominant position, and probably submit Barber. The one major thing on the Ribas side is that she doesn't have the best history of durability. Barber is going to throw hear, so a knockout is certainly in play. The best qualities about Barber are her physical traits. She's physical and she has power. She has decent enough cardio as well. Her technical skills do sort of lag behind. Her striking still isn't particularly good. She throws heavy punches, but there's nothing technical about it. If she lands, she can do damage, but it feels like Ribas should be able to read everything coming her way and counter. Barber typically uses her strength well in the clinch, but going into the clinch with Ribas isn't going to go well for her. She likely gets herself taken down in that case. Her ground game and grappling in general isn't great either. She relies a lot on her strength to out muscle opponents in grappling exchanges more than technical skills and that just isn't going to get it done against Ribas. A knockout is in play, especially with Ribas history, but if she doesn't, I think she's going to have a hard time.

        Bets to consider: U2.5 rounds +166

                I think the chances of a finish here are at least decent. The best chance for Barber here is a knockout in my opinion. I just think her technical skills are too far behind for her to win a decision with any consistency. If Ribas is having success, then I think she can finish as well. While she's a better striker, she isn't likely to finish standing. However, Ribas largely does want to grapple. She is better there by a significant margin and should get to dominant positions against Barber somewhat easily. I can't really lay -200 on Ribas, but taking the under isn't a bad look in my opinion. 

Ilia Topuria defeats Josh Emmett            Result:

        This is a pretty good fight and it's one that I do largely expect to be pretty competitive. This is the toughest fight of Topuria's career and there are still some questions that I think he needs to answer before I can really get behind him having a legitimate chance to unseat Alexander Volkanovski. Topuria is going to have the athletic advantages here. He's faster and an all around better and more explosive athlete. On the feet, he's going to bring pace, pressure, and volume. He also has really good power for the weight. In the grappling, I think he's an ok wrestler, but his overall ground game is pretty good. I think the only clear holes in his game are his striking defense and potentially his cardio. Topuria does allow himself to be hit and at least part of that is due to him being so aggressive. He's so willing to engage that he exposes himself unnecessarily at times. He also doesn't go to his grappling as often as I think he should. I don't think Topuria's cardio is a glaring weakness like it is with some fighters, but he does have a tendency to slow down later in fights. Now, I don't really expect this fight to have a super high pace, so maybe it isn't as big of a deal, but it is 5 rounds. Josh Emmett, if nothing else, is someone who is really hard to look good against. He still has the best power in the entire division and it has a tendency to slow fights down as his opponents just don't want to risk getting clipped. That's where the rubber is going to meet the road in this fight. We've never really seen anyone come out and try to put it on Emmett because of that power. At the same time, we've never seen Topuria be timid. Cardio is never really any issue with Emmett because he just doesn't really fight with pace. He throws acceptable volume, but he just kind of stays steady. Emmett is a decent enough wrestler, especially defensively. I think my main question about him coming in is just how is he aging? He's approaching 40 now, so you can't rule out him just being cooked and his durability fading. I do have to pick Topuria as I think he just has more tools to get the win, but the matchup isn't a great one for him. If he takes the kind of shots from Emmett that he took from Jai Herbert, he's probably going out cold. The lack of pace from Emmett has me less concerned about Topuria's cardio and with the potential to grapple, I think you have to make Topuria a moderate sized favorite. 

        Bets to consider: Emmett ML +280, Emmett KO +500, O2.5 rounds +176

                When I say Topuria should be a moderately sized favorite, I think -150 to -180 is acceptable. If you're buying into Emmett's age a bit more, I think -200 is even in play. I don't really know how you get to -350 though. I really don't know what the path is for Topuria to cover that kind of price. I guess if Emmett's age has caught up to him and his durability is gone, he gets knocked out quickly? Or Topuria comes out and grapples hard and is able to submit him early? I don't see that as being particularly likely though. If he comes out and grapples hard, he may have some success, but I don't think it's guaranteed. Emmett stops takedowns fairly well and he is able to get up fairly well. I high grappling pace is going to test Topuria's cardio as well. If Topuria comes out aggressive in the striking, he is going to leave himself open to counters. Emmett is a guy with legitimate one punch knockout power. If Topuria comes out and fights Emmett like most people do (whether that is because he is respecting the power or trying to preserve his cardio), we'll get a slower paced kick boxing match and in that case, we probably see a relatively close fight. To me, as long as Emmett isn't over the hill, he should cover his price somewhat easily. Also, Emmett by KO at +500 at someone who we have seen get hit flush over and over again is a little strange. Topuria got landed on solidly by Herbert and even Bryce Mitchell to an extent. Taking clean left hooks or overhand rights from Josh Emmett is bad news. I just think these numbers are way, way off. The over is somewhat interesting. Emmett just has a tendency to slow fights down and if we get that, I think the over is interesting. I do worry that Topuria may come out with no respect though and in that case, the fight probably goes under one way or another. If it gets to +200, I may take a stab.

That's it for me on this one. This is my last card before I start my grad program, so I'm looking forward to it. Well, I guess the Strickland card is technically before I start, but I'm moving into my apartment that day, so we'll see. This is a really good card and it is even on at a decent hour. Doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for reading, have a good one, and enjoy the fights. Official bets are below.

Official Bets

Sedriques Dumas ML .5 units at +138 to win .69 units

Emmers/Jenkins U2.5 .5 units at +142 to win .71 units

Gillian Robertson ML .5 units at +108 to win .54 units

Rabecki/Radzhabov U2.5 .5 units at +150 to win .75 units

Wellington Turman ML .5 units at +190 to win .95 units

David Onama ML .75 units at +188 to win 1.41 units

Ribas/Barber U2.5 .5 units at +154 to win .77 units

Josh Emmett ML .5 units at +270 to win 1.35 units

Josh Emmett by KO .25 units at +470 to win 1.18 units

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was Deontay Wilder's Legacy on the Line?

 If you didn't read yesterday's post about Mackenzie Dern and Marina Rodriguez, then you missed that I said my gap in posts was due to midterms and then I took this past weekend to recover, but I will be back to posting regularly now. I know this fight was a few weekends ago and I also said that I wouldn't likely be commenting on it but here we are. I'm not here to talk down on Deontay Wilder as some have done and if you are someone who reads my posts, you know I am not a fight analyst type. I have been open in saying that I don't like boxing as much as MMA nor do I know as much about the sport itself or the fighters. However, what I wanted to comment on was largely a talking point of the broadcast in the lead up to the fight. At least for the American broadcast, they kept mentioning that this fight had a lot to say about Deontay Wilder's legacy and that if he were to lose then they seemed to imply that we would only remember Wilder as the guy who lost to Tyson

UFC Vegas 75 Full Card Picks and Betting Tips

 After taking last week off from betting due to my vacation, we are back with a full, normal post this week. Last week's PPV wasn't as bad as I had initially thought it could be and the crowd was really into it, which made it feel bigger. Charles vs Dariush was fantastic as we expected and that was really all I was asking for. We have a decent enough Fight Night in front of us though. From top to bottom, I think this is one of the more fun cards we've gotten in a minute, but the main event does kind of fall flat for me. I'm just not that into Vettori or Cannonier, so it's not something I'm super pumped for even though it is a main event worthy fight and should be fine. Just to be clear,  my picks will be in the bolded font , and  the real results will be listed next to it in italics  after the fight is official. Official bets will be at the bottom. Bets are now being officially tracked at  BetMMA  as well. Modestas Bukauskas defeats Zac Pauga               Resul

UFC 278 Round Up: What's Next For Some of The Big Winners from Saturday's Card?

 UFC 278 ended up being a pretty solid night of competition. The main card didn't start off too hot with some less than interesting matchups, but it picked up with time and ended with two really solid fights with emotional elements that brought some added feeling to both bouts. The prelims provided some decent action as well. Even the fights that went to decision were pretty fun to watch for the most part. I already did reviews for the final two fights of the night, but we'll take the time here to briefly go through the rest of the card to talk about the performance for each winner and try to diagnose who their next opponent could be.  We started the night with flyweights and Victor Altamirano picked up a pretty nice win. He weathered an early storm before finding a finish of his own late in round one. This was an important win for Altamirano as it was his first in the UFC and brings him to 1-1 in the promotion. Now that he has the first win under his belt, he can focus on clim